DogMaster Bourbon Whiskey
Grain Bill: 60% Corn, 10% Oats, 10% Wheat, 20% Malted Barley.
All bourbon is whiskey, but not all whiskey is bourbon. Bourbon whiskey must meet the following criteria;
- Must be made in the United States.
- Must contain at least 51 percent corn.
- Must be aged in new oak charred barrels.
- Must be distilled to no more than 160 proof and barreled at 125 proof.
- Must be bottled at no less than 80 proof.
- Must not contain any added flavoring, coloring or other additives.
DogMaster Bourbon Whiskey taste profile – bold & peppery
- Each batch contains 700 pounds of grain
- grain is cooked for nearly 2 hours to convert the grain’s natural starches into fermentable sugars
- Fermentation takes 3-5 days with the resulting brew being distilled to around 145 proof
- The distillate if proofed to 115 and aged in a new, Missouri White Oak barrel with a medium toast & char
- Bottled at 90 proof
Silver medal, 2017 Heartland Spirits Fest